Sunday, September 25, 2016

Too Wonder-Full

It is a truth that there will always be things we cannot understand, behaviors and mindsets too bizarre.  For example, why would a guy who has worked all week get up before daybreak on the weekend, shower in special soap to remove all human scent, put on pine-tree-smelling clothes, climb 20 feet up a tree, and sit for hours in freezing temperatures?  Remember, there will always be things we cannot understand, behaviors too bizarre – no, just plain weird.

 

David’s final wonder in Psalm 139 is the omnipotence of God: it’s a big word that means all-powerful.  “For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb … My frame was not hidden from You … Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed … The days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them.” (from Psalm 139:13-16).  Mr. Bill and I have yet another Grand on-the-way, and she could rightfully be named Wonder!  Think about it: we look through telescopes and wonder at the endless mysteries of the heavens, we look through microscopes at otherwise invisible wonders, and we gaze with wonder into the eyes of an infant being unable to fathom the nervous-respiratory-circulatory-digestive systems knitted together along with mind-heart-soul and we hold her in our hands.  “Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high; I cannot attain it.” (Psalm 139:6).  We don’t have to understand The Creator; just by faith be in awe of Him.  For me, because he knows every detail of me and has ordained every moment of my life, I’m more than content to just trust Him with all my days.  This all-knowing, ever-present, and all-powerful God … well, He’s just too wonder-full.  I am at complete rest in Him!  Why not live in the Wonder of Him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home