Thursday, September 29, 2016

Heart-Hum

Do you remember seeing a Hummer for the first time?  I do!  My baby sister drove a Hummer until only recently and I’ve watched her park that thing!  One time she didn’t even park inside the lines, and [like a good big-sister] I pointed it out to her.  Her flippant reply was, “nobody’s gonna hit this thing unless they want to tear up their car!”  I guess that’s Hummer-talk!

 

Joy escapes us!  Often it escapes and we aren’t exactly sure how; we just know it’s gone a’missin’!  Those without Christ do not miss it because they do not have it, but Believers know it and they know when it’s gone. David missed his joy and asked God to “restore to me the joy of Your Salvation and sustain me with a willing spirit” (Psalm 51:12).  What followed the restoration was David’s declaration: “O Lord, open my lips, that my mouth may declare Your praise.” (Verse 15). That deep abiding, sustained Joy often shows itself without warning; for me, I catch myself humming.  Yes, I confess – I’m a hummer.  Most of the time, it’s an unconscious thing so I must admit I’m not the cause of it – I’m not responsible!  It is Christ-in-me!  I’ve also noticed when the heart is humming, usually the lips are involved!  Sounds like David knew this, too!  Consider if you have a heart-hum?  If not, get one then … get hummin’!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home