Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Embrace His Fragrance

The sense of smell is powerful.  My grandmother's antique bedroom suit  fills my guest room.  The best part is how I walk into the room, close my eyes, and the fragrance takes me back to Nanny's where I spent many childhood nights.  Ummm, what a delight!

 

Have you considered the smells of the nativity: freshly tossed straw for the animals, wood burning in hearths around the city, baked bread, fresh fruit, newly pressed wine.  In the midst of the common appears the uncommon . . . "good tidings of great joy . . . a Savior . . . Christ the Lord . . . peace . . . good will toward men."  (Luke 2:10,11,14).  Yes, Jesus quietly and humbly came and remains is all those things to us even today. Sadly, Bethlehem has become an icon likened to the North Pole, and its significance overlooked in the otherwise sensations of the season.  When was the last time you pondered the manger and its divine Treasure, bowing your heart in honor?  Now is the time, the season to revisit Bethlehem and see the "Savior which is Christ the Lord."  Embrace His fragrance!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home