Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Our Blessing

This is the season of giving and receiving gifts.  Let's face it, although appreciative, some gifts received fall into the what-do-I-do-with-this category.  Other gifts, however, seem to bring endless joy!  Many years ago, a friend gave me a simple wooden block calendar and [no joke] I use it every day.  Now, that’s a gift that just keeps on giving!

 

Jesus is The Father's Gift to man.  Consider the blessing of this Gift: to redeem us, give us eternal life, model righteous living.  “Unto you first God, having raised up His Son Jesus, sent Him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.” (Acts 3:26).  God sent Jesus to bless us!  That word bless in the Greek, referring to what God does, means to pour favor upon. Jesus, the Son of God Who was born in Bethlehem, was The Father pouring His favor upon us!  Furthermore, the blessing we have in Jesus is ongoing, endless, never stops giving, and It never fails.  Also many years ago, that same friend gave me a sweater and, when I wear a sweater, that’s the sweater I wear; she knows me well, and bought the gift with me in mind!  No one knows me better than my heavenly Father: He knows my name (Isaiah 43:1), He knows my weaknesses (Psalm 103:14), He knows how many hairs are on my head (Luke 12:7), and my name is engraved on the palms of His hands (Isaiah 49:16).  You see, The Father knew [before the foundation of the world] I would need a Savior, and He knew I would need Power outside of my own to live in love and faithfulness to Him.  The Christ Child we celebrate this Season is the Gift-of-all-gifts: God’s perfect Gift to each of us, and the Gift continues to change lives today.  Let us rejoice in The Father's blessing of Jesus!

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home