Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Blessed Forgetfulness

Forgetfulness is rough!  Thank goodness for calendars, white boards, paper.  Why, I’m even thankful the outside of the refrigerator is magnetic!

 

God, being perfect in all His nature and ways chooses forgetfulness.  Generally speaking, I wouldn’t say I choose to forget  at least in most cases.  The things I’d rather not forget, I do; and, what I’d prefer to remember, I forget  or so it goes.  Here’s a truth we must never forget: “I, I am He Who blots out your transgressions for My own sake, and I will not remember your sins.” (Isaiah 43:25).  In Hebrew, to blot out means to wipe out, to obliterate, to exterminate – don’t miss this – to wipe out, obliterate, exterminate from memory!  Even when we erase something, there remains a trace of what was written; and, you don’t forget what was written or that you erased what was written.  To eradicate is to destroy completely, but even then we cannot destroy from memory.  God emphasizes "I, I am He"  the One Who will truly forgives and forgets!  Corrie ten Boom said God casts our sins into the Sea of Forgetfulness then puts up a No Fishing sign.  When God says He no more remembers the sins of the forgiven, He means it.  The Blood of Christ guarantees it - secures it - confirms it.  Oh, how Satan loves to bring up the past.  You've heard it said – when Satan brings up your past, remind him of his future!  Yes! Yes! Yes!  Let us ask forgiveness then rest sweetly and rejoice eternally in God's … blessed forgetfulness!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home