Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Believe

Because my guys are natural pranksters, the girls and I carefully measure anything they tell us.  All jokes aside, “I don’t believe you” are troubling words.  The Hebrew people forfeited much after leaving Egypt: they “heard and yet rebelled … they would not enter His Rest.” (Hebrews 3:16, 18).  When I read this senselessness of the Hebrews, I see my own dilemma: failure to rest in the promises of God.  The cause: “So we see that they were unable to enter because of unbelief.” (3:19).  This sin of unbelief is nothing more than rebellion against God Who has promised certain deliverance and rest. Who would stand before God and declare: I do not believe You?  This is exactly what we do when we refuse to trust Him.  “Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He Who promised is faithful.” (Hebrews 10:23).   Unwavering belief in the One Who keeps all His promises.  Believe.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home