Thursday, May 18, 2017

Reaching

Without the assistance of a chair or one of my guys (who are all taller than me), the highest of my kitchen cabinets are out of reach.  At first glance, the commandments of God may seem impossible to follow.  Jesus said this was the greatest command: “Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.” (Matthew 22:37).  Heart and soul and mind – the sum of that is all-of-me!  What the LORD said to the Hebrew people is also true for Christians today: “I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life … That thou mayest love the LORD thy God, and that thou mayest obey His voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto Him: for He is thy life … ” (Deuteronomy 30:19-20).  It’s a tall order, a real challenging, but not out of reach.  Christ says, “My Grace is sufficient for you, for My Power is made perfect in weakness.” (2 Corinthians 12:9).  His commandments always come with His sufficient power, making all of them possible, well within reach.  Here’s the question: are you reaching toward Him? 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home