Sunday, October 29, 2017

My Roundabout

Roundabouts – they’re showing up in small towns all  across the country – replacing traffic lights and four-way stops to move traffic along. Even our little town will soon have a second roundabout.  Interestingly, the word roundabout can be traced to Scripture: the Hebrew word “cabiyb” (sä·vev) refers to movement that starts and finishes at the same place.  In its Biblical context, David uses the word to describe God's round about protection when he was on-the-run from Absalom, his son, who sought to kill him. In spite of David’s enemies surrounded him and he feared for his life, he wrote these words: “I lay down and slept; I awoke, for the LORD sustains me. I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people who have set themselves against me round about.” (Psalm 3:5-6). Think about it: David was so at peace in God's round about care, he laid down and slept!  There's none better in whom to trust than The One Who knows "when I sit down and when I rise up ... You understand my thoughts from afar ... You scrutinize my path and my lying down, and are intimately acquainted with all my ways." (Psalm 139:2-3). Now, I suggest you be keenly alert when driving through a busy roundabout, but we need not fear in this life as we trust our heavenly Roundabout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home