Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Wait - Sing - Watch

My Dad lost sight in one of his eyes at a very young age, so all his life he has lived with a blind side.  While we may have full use of both eyes, we all have a blind side.  You can follow all sound advice, cross every “t” and dot every “i” as best you can, yet still be blind-sided by the unexpected.  Wave after wave of disbelief, questions, anger, disappointment and anxiety can easily have you gasping for breath and courage to move forward. Through the pen of David, God said, “The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the defense of my life; whom shall I dread? … My heart will not fear … For in the day of trouble He will hide me in His shelter … He will set me high upon a rock.” (from Psalm 27).  Because He is [completely] Sovereign, there are no blind sides with God.  As Pastor Tony used to tell us, “Nothing ever occurs to God” – the Omniscient (all-knowing) One is never surprised or blind-sided.  What is the Christian’s response to these times?  “Wait for the LORD; be strong and let your heart take courage; yes, wait for the LORD.” (Psalm 27:14).  As we wait for God’s light and salvation safely hidden in His shelter, “I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the LORD.” (V.6).  Waiting in the dark is tough and it’s uncomfortable yet it is the way of trusting as we watch and wait on God to bring to pass His best in our lives.  Are you in the dark right now – in a place where you can’t see the way forward?  As you trust Him, waitsing - watch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home