Monday, March 12, 2018

Do You Believe?

As I write, a blend of essential oils is being diffused into the air.  Although I do not see it, the air I'm breathing is infused with good things for me.  As Christians [obediently] pursue personal holiness, our focus must be on having a pure heart.  One thing that hinders purity-of-heart is unbelief. Jesus scolded His disciples for this very thing in Mark 16: "... He reproached them for their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they had not believed those who had seen Him after He had risen." (V.14).  Clearly, Jesus links the two sins of unbelief and hardness of heart. Thomas Watson writes, "Unbelief first pollutes the heart and then hardens it."  The more we practice unbelief - failing to truly trust God - the more our unbelief is strengthened.  In contrast, as we begin to practice belief  in God's promises - applying them day-by-day, circumstance-by-circumstance - our lives are spiritually infused and our faith is emboldened - yes, made stronger.  This cause-and-effect [in turn] helps to purify the Believer's heart.  So, do you believe - I mean, really believe?  Let us pray as the man in Mark 23:24, "Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!."​

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home