Thursday, May 31, 2018

Faithful One

Holding tightly to something can be tricky, even disastrous if someone is depending on you ... holding tightly.  Hebrews 10:23 says, "Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering for He is faithful that promised." The Greek word for "fast" [here] means "to secure, to make firm," but it also means "to possess, to take possession of."  What I've learned [through the years] is the faith I came to possess at age 5 - through belief in Jesus as Savior - also took possession of me!  Times when I didn't hold fast, He Who Promised held ME securely-firmly.  You see, my security (who I am in Christ) doesn't depend on how tightly I hold to Him but rather the full confidence He holds me securely and faithfully.  And, why?  Because He promised!  Okay, I'm about to have a running fit!  Thank you, El Shaddai - Almighty God - for Jesus, our Redeemer and Most Faithful One.​

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home