Monday, February 11, 2019

My Duty My Delight

Life is full of endless duties and delights. We tend to put duties in one column and delights in a separate column.  What if, however, our duties were also our delights!  This thought took me to Psalm 119: "Your testimonies are wonderful; therefore my soul observes them ... Troubles and anguish have come upon me, yet Your commandments are my delight." (V.129, 143).  This doesn't sound like someone who dreads his duty to follow God's commands. Rather, it describes one who finds great joy in keeping honoring God in obedience even in the face of troubles and sorrows of life.  Can we truly agree with the psalmist that keeping God's commands is "the joy of my heart" (V.111) ... my duty my delight!   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home