Sunday, March 24, 2019

Right Look

It's not drastically different, but somewhat of a different look - this new haircut. I'm drawn to the mirror a bit more than usual, trying to get used to it. This pretty well describes our fundamental attraction to ourselves! Even the sweet little engine said, "I think I can - I know I can." With all due respect to our little engine, being positive and determined is commendable, however, there IS a Greater Power than personal gumption. "Turn my eyes away from vanity [all those worldly, meaningless things that distract - let Your priorities be mine], and restore me [with renewed energy] in Your ways." (Psalm 119:37, AMP). The best very we can do is to drop the [proverbial] bootstraps [that get-up-get-going mentality] and with bare hands and feet (humility) turn to Christ: "I can do all things through Him Who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13). I am self-sufficient only in Christ's Sufficiency.  Instead of looking into the mirror, let us faithfully look into the Perfect Truth of God's Word with willfully obedient eyes fixed on Christ. It's the Right Look!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home