Monday, July 8, 2019

Wise Choice

So I’ve been told – I’ve spoiled Mr. Bill. Among other things, I select and lay-out his work and church clothes.  Yeah, I know – it’s ridiculous!  Choices are a part of life, and not all choices are conscious ones! A new leader to the Israelites, Joshua stood before the people and said, “Choose you this day whom you will serve” (Joshua 24:15).  Whether we realize it or not, we make this same choice daily – consciously or unconsciously.  Oswald Chambers says the choice is “between you and God … [we] do not confer with flesh and blood about it.”  The simple truth is this: it’s a matter of God’s will for the day or my will for the day. Joshua declared “as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD” (V.15).  Mr. Bill seems pretty content that I choose his clothes, but only you and I can choose the will that governs-rules our hearts and lives. Let us choose deliberately and choose wisely!

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home