Thursday, August 22, 2019

Lemons or Lemonade

Have you ever had one of those bitter-sour candies?  Don't be fooled by its enticing color or tempting shape. It’s designed to make you scream and holler on contact!  The boys used to say, “Mama, try this,” and as much as I knew how it would turn my mouth inside-out I couldn’t resist the loads of laughter it produced.  I wish I could have resisted buying them in the first place! Our faces tell a lot about our spiritual health.  God doesn’t want us going around looking as if life has turned us "inside-out."  I read somewhere “Fruit of The Spirit is not lemons."  Life is certainly full of challenges, which could be compared to the taste of one of those bitter-sour candies. Psalm 42:11 says God is the "health of my countenance." So what does our "countenance" (appearance, face, look) reveal about our spiritual health? Do folks wonder, "well, is The Doctor in?"  We know, of course, the problem isn't The Doctor because God's Grace is able to take bitter-sours and blend them into wonderful things.  I've heard if "life gives you lemons, make lemonade."  A bountiful scoop of God's Grace to life's bitter-sours changes so much.  So, what's it gonna be ... lemons or lemonade?

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home