Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Good Shepherd

The absence of a particular experience sometimes can hinder a full understanding.  When David wrote Psalm 23, he wrote from personal experience.  He knew well the many roles as shepherd to his sheep: protector, provider, comforter, healer, guide, disciplinarian.  His words, “The LORD is my Shepherd,” were way more than words penned to paper; David was able to insert himself into the sheep-role. Also, David’s words are prophetic; he spoke of what Jesus declared of Himself many years later: “I am the Good Shepherd, and I know those who are My own and My own know Me and have a deep, personal relationship with Me.” (John 10:14, AMP).  I doubt many of us have been or ever will be a real shepherds to a flock of sheep, but that doesn’t mean we can’t experience the blessed benefits of knowing-following The Good Shepherd. The key to knowing Him – and not just knowing of Him – is that “deep, personal relationship” with Christ.  How well do you know The Good Shepherd?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home