Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Heart Wars

The game of tug-of-war is brutal on the emotion: take a little – give a little, gain a little – lose a little, and inch-by-inch the war is won or lost. Well, this basically describe spiritual heart-wars. In his book, New Morning Mercies, Paul David Tripp writes: “Today a war of love will be fought on the turf of your heart.” How often I’ve left the splendor of worship refreshed-revived-inspired to love only Jesus in the days ahead only to find at “street level” [as Tripp calls it], life is much more challenging than I imagined. My passion for Christ and prayer to be ever pleasing to Him is often way-laid by otherwise “good” things that actually distract and hinder. Oh, how easily disappointment creeps in until it’s snuggly fitted to my heart like a glove. God consoles and encourages us, “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with My Righteous right hand.” (Isaiah 41:10). Ah, God’s Truth in the inward parts!  The Believer’s heart is fitted for Christ  alone Whose promises are fully true and completely perfect. When you next feel that tug-of-war on your heart, remember Who’s holding the rope. Rest and hope in in Him.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home