Sunday, October 6, 2019

Goodness For the Heart

Just the thought of smelling salts coming near my sniffer makes me want to remain conscious! I suppose, however, all of us know what it is to become faint-hearted. Despair and discouragement are tools of the enemy (Satan), and effective tools they are!  I love how the psalmist said, “I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the Goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; be strong and let your heart take courage; yes, wait for the LORD.” (Psalm 27:13-14).  There is an calm expectancy present in David’s voice: he was waiting with purpose. The certainty of God’s Goodness toward him caused David to not despair. Waiting on the LORD is seldom easy but when our hope (confident expectation) is in the certain sufficiency of God’s Goodness, there is no run-for-your-life or wringing of hands or oh-what-will-I-do or no oh-me-oh-my, and absolutely no what-will-become-of-me. Wait and hope and expect in the Lord – it’s Goodness for the heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home