Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Marvelous Theme

There are many causes to celebrate: births and birthdays, weddings and anniversaries, new jobs  and retirements, and other life events.  It’s good and fun to celebrate but most celebrations are short-lived.  How silly is it that Believers wear long-sad faces in fretfulness!  Israel’s words could be our own: “The LORD has forsaken me; my Lord has forgotten me.” (Isaiah 49:14).  No matter how many times God rescues His children, some crisis will certainly throw us into a state of worry and fear: a cold-water celebration with an aftermath of stale cake, wilting flowers, deflated balloons and crusty party plates.  To this God says, “Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of My hands.” (Isaiah 49:16).  Instead of a fear-and-doubt song-and-dance, we must remember, “The steadfast Love of the LORD never ceases, His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; Great is Your Faithfulness. ‘The LORD is my Portion,’ says my soul, therefore I will hope in Him.” (Lamentations 3:22-24).  How wonderful God’s Faithfulness and Steadfast Love are grand and unending celebrations – there’s absolutely no aftermath!  Oh, to marvel at God’s Rich Mercies and Rest in Christ at all times!  Oh, what a wonder is The Father of the Redeemed -- His Faithful Goodness a continuous theme to marvel.  "How marvelous, how wonderful - And my song shall ever be - How marvelous, how wonderful - Is my Savior's Love for me." What a marvelous theme!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Dale Bowles said...

One of my daily prayers is The LORD'S mercies never cease, The LORD'S compassion never fails, The LORD'S faithfulness never diminishes. Thank You LORD for always being the same and never changing, in JESUS CHRIST name.

December 24, 2019 at 12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home