Sunday, December 1, 2019

Thirsty Soul

It’s pretty embarrassing how wasteful we are!  I remember how conscious my grandparents were about just running water needlessly. The lack of clean water in other countries is cause-to-paus and consider how blessed we are to have access to fresh-clean water. The psalmist’s thirst in Chapter 42 indicates a prolonged spiritual drought resulting in a panting, an extreme thirst of the soul: “As the deer pants for the water brooks, so my soul pants for You, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God; when shall I come and appear before God?” (Psalm 42:1-2, NASB).  Have you ever experienced spiritual drought – a time when you struggled to hear God, when you were soul-thirsty?  The psalmist’s question “when” tells of how anxious he is for the Presence of God!  Can you even imagine how Adam and Even endured the spiritual separation from God’s Presence after they sinned and were driven from the Garden Temple!  Oh, my! how they must have panted and thirsted for the sound of Him, the fellowship of Him!  These times of thirst must drive us onward and inward to The Truth: “Why art thou cast down, O my soul? And why art thou disquieted within me? Hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise Him, Who is the health of my countenance, and my God.” (V.11).  We thirst yet we hope!  We thirst yet we remember!  We thirst yet we praise Him, the God of our Salvation! Stay thirst for God and be fully satisfied in Christ Jesus the Lord!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home