Sunday, January 5, 2020

God's Penmanship

Penmanship is an art – almost a lost art! As a young girl, I learned from my Mom to handwrite notes of gratitude and encouragement.  Today, emails and texts have all-but replaced this timeless practice! The prophet Jeremiah wrote, “’But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days,’ declares the Lord, ‘I will put My law within them, and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.’” (Jeremiah 31:33)  How glorious and eternal is that which God writes on hearts!  He writes not that which is temporal but of eternal significance. He declares His covenant with Believers, which fully satisfies!  He writes of Perfect Portion to fill the cup of thirsty man.  Let us say with David, “my cup runneth over!” (Psalm 23:5).  God's covenant word is enough – all we need now and forever.  A friend once commented kindly about my penmanship but truly nothing compares to the Penmanship of Almighty God upon hearts today!  Oh, the beauty of His words!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home