Wednesday, December 11, 2019

#WorshipHim2Day

Armed with his trusty BB gun, little Danny took careful aim at a clay pot on the front porch, pulled the trigger and [much to his surprise and horror], he hit it! I'll never forget his explanation: "Mom, I did it on accident."  While the explanation was cute but weak, I realized his deliberate aim wasn't his deliberate intention. After Jesus’ birth, learned men from the East followed a star which led them to the Christ Child. “After coming into the house they saw the Child with Mary His mother, and they fell to the ground and worshiped Him.” (Matthew 2:11). Oh, how guilty I am of being distracted from giving my full attention to The One Who tended the debt of my sin and Whose Grace continually pours forth upon my life. See, the wise men were focused, conscious and deliberate in their pursuit of The Messiah; they reached their intended destination and did exactly as they intended.  What a lesson for these days of holiday busyness - do not allow the urgent to replace the important!  ‘Tis the Season to be conscious of Christ; be intentional, be deliberate: O come, let us adore Him!  #WorshipHim2Day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home