Monday, December 9, 2019

Immutable

The Grands will be excited to see I have a new-bigger-taller Christmas tree this year. I actually felt a bit disloyal to my sweet-little-full topiary-like tree, which has now found its place in my bay window. Of God’s many characteristics, the one I seem to linger at most is His immutability – His unchanging character.  Unlike each new day – even Christmas trees – God is “the same yesterday, today, and forever” (Hebrews 13:8).  Read that again and consider it for a moment: nothing about God changes – zilch, naught, nada, nil, zippo! We can hear Mary’s grasp of God’s unchanging character in her song: “His mercy is for those who fear Him from generation to generation.” (Luke 1:50).  Few people have more than three or four generations living at any given time, but all God is knows no limit; it transcends time; it continues and continues and continues; it is without end. Perhaps I will not need another tree-change – I’m very fond of that idea. ‘Tis the Season to rejoice in God’s immutability, to take comfort and rest completely in Who God is as it has been revealed to us fully in His Son, Jesus, Whom we now celebrate. Praise be to our Immutable God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home