Tuesday, January 7, 2020

True Help

Of all the numbers I have in my phone, the most highly revered are support numbers: trust me, you want the power company's number when the lights go out!  Psalm 121:1-2 are verses I heard my Mom quote many times: "I lift up my eyes to the hills - where does my help come from?  My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth." The psalmist depicts a traveler as he ascends to Jerusalem - the City of God. We might expect the writer would speak of God's loving and compassionate nature but [rather] he writes of God as The Creator of heaven and earth, Who also sustains and controls all things.  He writes of The All-Mighty God: mightiest, most powerful, most capable, most sufficient to help those whom He loves! Oh, don't we know the frustration of "no support" or help in this life; expect no such disappointing end with Elohim - the Hebrew Name for God appearing in the first sentence of Scripture: "In the beginning God" (Genesis 1:1). Are you seeking help in the right place? True help comes only from God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home