Sunday, February 23, 2020

Claim Your Spot

Whoever first said "experience is the best teacher" got it right! I suggest those words came after a less-than-fortunate experience or circumstances. Who hasn't been-there done-that! In Psalm 73, Asaph - a musician of King David's - wrote these words: "But it is good for me to draw near to God." (V.28). We all know how easy-natural it is to look at ungodly people and be envious-jealous of apparent "waters of abundance" (V.10). In V.11 Asaph wonders whether God even sees these things! I suspect his thoughts are similar to our own. I love how honest Asaph is: "It was troublesome in my sight." (V.16). His perception changes, however, when "I came into the sanctuary of God." Asaph sees the bitter-destruction end for wicked and the sweet-glorious reward of those who persevere and remain faithful to God. It is in the Presence of God Asaph writes of what is best for him ... and for us: the nearness of God. Isn't that beautiful! Perhaps you are in a dark place right now, experiencing some dismal or dreary circumstances. Let me encourage you to know your truest and most secure hiding place: "your life is hidden with Christ in God." (Colossians 3:3). Like Asaph, claim your spot near The Father!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home