Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Refreshment

Among many sweet memories is my boys' excitement when Mom hosted a meeting here at home. They knew there would be snack foods! Time spent in prayer, worship and fellowship is sweet but none-as-sweet as that with fellow Believers - it is an immeasurable joy. The same is true of walking in faithful obedience to Christ. The psalmist says such a person is like "a tree planted by streams of water which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither." (Psalm 1:3). Sadly, there are many Believers who are absent from The Body, therefore, missing the full-blessings of Christ. Just like I cannot imagine not being involved in the lives of my biological family, I do not want to think of my spiritual life apart from my spiritual family! God intended His Church to be one way we "taste and see that the LORD is Good" (Psalm 34:8). As we each one taste of the Lord's Goodness walking with Him and other Believers, we trust Him to use us to refresh others along the way. I smile when I remember how patiently but anxiously the boys waited for meeting's end when they could join in the "refreshments." Are you missing the refreshing part of your spiritual life - regular prayer, worship and fellowship with other Believers in the spiritual Body of Christ, His Church? Oh, I sure hope not! There's nothing quite like it - find yourself a church family soon and begin to experience refreshment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home