Thursday, April 16, 2020

Better-Way Living

Three years ago this week, my Mom went home; that is, to her real home. If you've lost a close family member, you know the flood of memories that seem to pop-up at the most unsuspecting times. There's no denying my Mom-traits; some - good, others ... well, I could do without. Some of the things I love to do, I learned from Mom. As a young impressionable girl, I watched Mom write and send cards, bake and take home goods, care and do for her family. I don't recall a dedicated schooling on such things - just in the routine of life, she did these things. I suppose that inattentive and self-centered girl was paying attention, and Mom's practices stuck with me. For a long time, I was convinced Mom did those things out of her love for people; I was wrong.  Mom did those things because she loved Jesus. Using her gifts, Mom practiced and showed me "better-way" living (1 Corinthians 12:31). I'm so thankful she loved Jesus best and I'm especially glad she taught me [by her example] to use my own gifts to the better of others. What a great heritage Mom left me - a better way rooted in the Better Way-Maker - Jesus Christ. Thanks, Mom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home