Sunday, April 19, 2020

Taste and See

In my humble [yet expert] opinion, there's few things better than warm cookies and cold milk. The only thing that makes it better is when someone else bakes the cookies!  David wrote this: "O taste and see that the LORD is good: how blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him." (Psalm 34:8). As deliciously tempting those warm cookies appear, I cannot accurately nor personally testify of their goodness unless it touches my taste buds. Taste buds are sensory organs found on the tongue that allow us to experience tastes. Scripture tells us God is Good (Psalm 107:1) - God's Goodness is abundant (Psalm 31:19) - God is Good to all (Psalm 145:9) - God alone is Good (Mark 10:18) ... I could go on. However, what Scripture says, what I say or what anybody says means little unless you "taste and see" for yourself. Why do so many refuse the taste-test? I sometimes wish I didn't know just how tasty cookies and milk were, but I do. I'm even more glad [by faith] I've tasted God's Goodness; He proves His Goodness with every taste. Are you in the habit of tasting His Goodness? Ah, come on - taste and see!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home