Thursday, July 2, 2020

Gift of Faith

One Saturday morning several months ago, my three sisters and I had an opportunity to create a wooden "work of art." We each chose a project, stain and paint colors then several hours later we all left with a "masterpiece." One of the most common misunderstandings among non-Believers and Believers [alike] is that we can "create" our own spirituality. God says, "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast." (Ephesians 2:8-9). There exists in us all this unceasing desire to know peace, rest, contentment, etc., and only the wise and humble find it; they find it only through genuine faith. "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." (Hebrews 11:1). Faith is a trusting in, hoping on, relying upon something or someone; and, it is necessary for us to come to God: without faith it is impossible to please God (Hebrews 11:6). Yes, I was a bit proud of my wooden box creation; I've tried but never been able [on my own] to muster up enough spiritual faith - I'm so thankful I've not had to: faith is a gracious gift from God. Thank you, Father, for the ... gift of faith.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home