Thursday, July 30, 2020

Pray Rightly

How sweet it is to hear my grandchildren pray! The absence of lofty words is precious as well as refreshing. Oh, we do well as Believers when we desire to rightly and effectively pray. Pastor Tim has helped me learn to pray by simply praying Scripture. As I've studied prayers in The Bible, the thing most wrong with our prayers isn't the words we use but rather the attitude with which we pray. David began his prayer in Psalm 86, "Hear me, LORD, and answer me, for I am poor and needy." (V.1). Such admission of spiritual poverty and need certainly contradicts everything our culture says about who we are. An attitude affirmed in self-pride and arrogance [I dare say] never makes it to The Throne of Grace! Jesus' parable of two men who went to the temple to pray well distinguishes the right and acceptable manner in which we should pray: "All those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted." (Luke 18:14). Surely, there's little more sweet and precious than the prayer of a child! The Father welcomes the poor and needy soul who seeks true communion with God in the ... right attitude. Let us pray rightly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home