Sunday, October 11, 2020

Surrender Time

Slow and uneventful summer days weren't so exciting as a girl. I didn't dare confess my boredom to Mom because she seemed to always have something [on her to-do list] to break the boredom! We may recognize the obedience to God's command "be still and know that I am God" (Psalm 46:10), but when did you last do so? Truth be told, we typically have our days mapped out to the minute! What a spiritual shame to expect to know the nature of God without fully devoting all one's faculties to him - physical, mental, emotional, spiritual. It is indeed a personal investment of time yet it is neither dull nor heavy. Frederick W. Faber wrote, "Only to sit and think of God; oh, what a joy it is! To think the thought, to breathe the Name, earth has no higher bliss." I admit, the older-me has more sittin' and thinkin' opportunities but I genuinely regret not making knowing God a priority in my earlier years. God has given so much - even His Son, Jesus. God wants our hearts and that begins with giving Him our time. Surrender your time to God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home