Monday, April 26, 2021

Unforgettable

 As forgetful as I may be, there are things I do not forget: my first date, my birthday, that I really don't like rutabagas.  Charles Spurgeon wrote "Do you find yourself forgetful of Jesus? Something steals away your heart, and you become distracted away from Him." How can such a thing be true, we wonder. I admit there are days when life seems to get-in-the-way of my devotion, I am distracted and Jesus isn't the priority, i.e. study set aside for later ... and never comes; a quick hurried prayer ... sweet communion missed. I'd say that's being pretty forgetful of Jesus! Yet, it is God Who never forgot me ... me, dead and lost in my sin ... me, in desperate need of a Savior ... me, evermore in need of His all-sufficient grace. God never forgot about me and He remembers me still! This is our command: "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind." (Matthew 22:37). This describes a heart without distractions, a heart undivided. Spurgeon concludes, "Let us tie a 'heavenly forget-me-not' to our hearts for Jesus, The One we love." Oh, let us faithfully remember He Who is ... unforgettable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home