Sunday, May 2, 2021

The Message Matters

THE MESSAGE MATTERS. When I visited Israel, I shouldn't have been but was surprise at the hills - surrounding the Sea of Galilee, in the Judaen desert, the mountainous region of the Golan Heights. Today, there are many "mountains" or hills on which to take a stand, to make a point. The current culture and climate of America pushed me early this year to reconsider the hills on which I find myself camped. God tells us, "For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery." (Galatians 5:1). Christ indeed has freed us from all that hinders and entraps us including the clutches of social media. However, God also said, "Preach The Word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching. (2 Timothy 4:2). Hence the question: where is the balance for Believers today? One thing became clear: it is not the hill you choose but, rather, the purpose for being on the hill to begin with! This conclusion led me to re-think my re-thinking. There is much - so very much - I oppose, even greatly detest, about the principles-beliefs-practices of those who give us these "hills" yet I came to this resolution: The Gospel matters more than the hill from which It is proclaimed! As Joseph said to his wicked brothers [who sold him into slavery years earlier], "you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good" (Genesis 50:20). Can God work His Good through the hands of the wicked? Oh, yes, He can! Furthermore, He does! Therefore, until my eyes grow dim and my arthritic fingers no longer can type, I will make The Message of Christ known because ... The Message matters!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home