Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Be As He IS

Until recently, tucked away in my closet was my athletic jacket earned from four years of high school varsity basketball. Oh, the good memories it brought to my mind every time I looked at it. That jacket represented something from my past - a time gone-by. Something that should never be in the past but ever present in the Believer's life is ... spiritual fruit. "Fruit of The [Holy] Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control." (Galatians 5:22-23). These Godly characteristics are evidences (fruit) of a person whose heart has been changed and is now obediently walking in the Power of The Holy Spirit. In contrast, those who are relying on their own pick-me-up and I-got-this umph or spiritual vigor ... well, those Godly traits are short-lived - they come and go. The Puritan prayed for deliverance from the delusions of "being concerned but not converted ... having another heart but not a new one ... having light, zeal, confidence, but not Christ." My personal longing is to be better than that old jacket that just symbolized something I [as Mister Bill would say] I usta-was; I want to my life to resemble Jesus Christ Who WAS and IS and WILL BE forever. Be fruitful - be what He IS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home