Tuesday, June 22, 2021

A Great Day

Perhaps some of the worst decisions I've made in my life have ultimately come not by the choices themselves but rather by the arrogant assumption I was smarter than I really was! The oft overlooked part of God's gift of wisdom to King Solomon is this: Solomon first realized he wasn't as wise as he needed to be. One of the things Solomon desired was to receive instruction in equity - making decisions based on what is equitable. I agree, it isn't always easy or clear to know what is right and fair, however, God has given us His Wisdom through Jesus and His Word; we can know what is fair and just with full assurance! Moreover, once confident of God's Wisdom in how to proceed, we must not be timid or apologetic in Its application; Paul wrote, "Happy is he who has no reason to condemn himself for what he approves." (Romans 14:22). There should be no oh-I-wish-I-hadn't-done-that or second-guessing or regretting what God Himself ordained! Rather, we are to be enthusiastic-joyful-content-excited for what God has counseled and our obedience to it. When we have received and obeyed God's Instruction in what is right-fair-equitable ... well, that's a great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home