Sunday, June 13, 2021

Housekeeping of the Heart

Weekends were housekeeping times at home.  One of my Saturday chores was mopping, and I took that mop for many a spin to the sounds of Soul Train.  I don't know how clean I got the floor, but that mop and I were quite a dancing duo!  The psalmist invites God to a housekeeping of the heart: "Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting!" (Psalm 139:23-24). Such an examination isn't because God doesn't know what is there; oh, no! rather, it is to show the Believer the hidden and hurtful things of the heart - things that hurt and hinder us spiritually. It's highly likely the examination and revelation will be painful but spiritually satisfying. Housekeeping is rarely at the top of anyone's list but housekeeping-of-the-heart is critical to a Believer's relationship with Holy God. Don't put it off ... your heart depends on it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home