Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Live In Relief!

Oh, how I love our porches - they have brought (and continue to bring) such sweet moments for my family. The front porch, however, has dished-out more than its share of splinters to bare feet! For such a small thing, a splinter can cause a lot of pain and frustration; life is full of splinters. One of my greatest struggles seems to be the non-understandables and the un-explainables. From the God-given wisdom of King Solomon, we read: "Catch the foxes for us, the little foxes that are ruining the vineyards, while our vineyards are in blossom." (Song of Solomon 2:15). The trifling irritants of life may stem from relationship or circumstance, of which I feel the need to fix. In reality, however, they are not mine to fix! I have taken what belongs to God alone into my own hands, and it has become that "little fox" that is hindering my communion and fellowship with Christ. As I watched our sweet Ella hobble with a fresh splinter, I realized how often I limp through life with the weight of burdens never meant for me. Jesus said, "Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." (Matthew 11:28-29). Oh, the freedom and relief I forfeit when I fail to acknowledge [ultimately] there are things that belong to God alone. I am only responsible for His work in me. Like the splinter removed from an tender foot, what relief to trust God with all of life's splinters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home