Monday, June 14, 2021

Fixed and Settled

There are a few products I've bought repeatedly through the years. Sure, I pay attention to new products that claim to be better and improved, but I usually just stay with what I know works. One of the things that makes me nuts today is wishy-washy information. So many opinions, recommendations, guidelines, instructions - it's overwhelming. There is, however, a more threatening problem: the source of all those opinions-recommendations-guidelines-instructions! God says, "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction." (Proverbs 1:7). Wisdom in Scripture is the ability to use knowledge rightly; and, right knowledge is rooted in the awe and reverence of, love for and trust in God! Because God is Infinite and All-Knowing, what He says is from infinitely knowing all things, and what He knows never changes. Now, that is The Source I want to be rooted on: no flip-floppin', no hemming and hawing, no kinda-sorta and certainly no wishy-washy. The One Who sees all and knows all then speaks Truth that never changes: "Forever, O LORD, Your Word is settled in heaven." (Psalm 119:89). Fixed and settled - that's my pick!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home