Monday, July 5, 2021

Non-Independence

It's said "tools are cool," and I suppose that's highly under-stated! Mister Bill has tools I can't identify, spell nor pronounce. When he needs assistance loosening or tightening, removing or installing, dismantling or repairing, measuring or calculating ... he depends on them. In his book, New Morning Mercies, Paul David Tripp describes a persistent problem for Believers: "Our problem is not our weakness; God's grace is up to the task. Our problem is our delusions of strength that keep us from seeking the grace that strengthens us in our weakness." Too many Believers have declared independence from The Creator: listened to the world's ideologies, followed its encouragement and embraced the lies they are intelligent enough, strong and able to handle anything that comes their way.  The reality is, however, we are unwise, weak and unable! Paul wrote, "God said to me, 'My grace is Sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the Power of Christ may rest upon me." (2 Corinthians 12:9). It really matters little how many tools Mister Bill has in his arsenal unless he recognizes his need, his dependence on them, then uses them respectively. As we've just celebrated Independence Day as Americans, let us never! never! never! declare independence from God. His Grace is Power - real and abundantly available to all Believers who declare their non-independance of Him. Depend on God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home