Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Gentle and Lowly Savior

"Camptown ladies sing dis song - Doo-dah! Doo-dah! - Camptown race-track, five miles long - Oh, doo-dah day!" Written in February 1850, that song aptly describes my busy mind some mornings: "Gwine to run all night! Gwine to run all day!" What I need is a good hearty whoa! slow-down! take a breath! What beautiful words Isaiah pens from The Lord: "They who wait for The LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint." (Isaiah 40:31). Oh, how Believers need to practice stillness before The LORD! "Meet me, O Christ, in this stillness of morning. Move me, O Spirit, to quiet my heart. Let me enter this new day, aware of my need, and awake to Your grace, O Lord." (Every Moment Holy). I suggest one of Satan's most subtle yet effective ploys is to stir our hearts and spirits into such a frenzy we forfeit the peace and rest Jesus offers. It is He Who says, "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." (Matthew 11:29). Instead of committing your days to a breathless race, begin the day in a secluded quiet moment with The Gentle and Lowly Savior ... allow Him to quiet your heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home