Sunday, April 10, 2022

The Whistle-Blower

A whistle-blower is someone who tells the [untold] truth about someone or something, and typically whistle-blowing is frowned upon. I read this recently: “Pleasure is the whistle-blower of the heart, because pleasure is the measure of our treasure.” If you want a general idea of what you are most passionate, consider how you spend your time or your money. I caution you, however, you may not like what you see! What may be most revealing is what is missing from that closer-look. In Matthew 6, Jesus cautions His followers to “take no thought for your life,” then He follows this statement with beautiful examples how God sufficiently cares for birds and flowers and grass. He then tells us what we should pursue: “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” (Matthew 6:33). Churches don’t sing this song anymore but I remember it from childhood: "Search me, O God, and know my heart today - Try me, O Savior, know my thoughts I pray - See if there be some wicked way in me - Cleanse me from ev’ry sin and set me free." Based on my own measure of treasure, I wonder how many Believers could stand the whistle-blower of their hearts. Why not begin your day before The Searcher of hearts and ask Him [like David] to "create in me a clean heart" (Psalm 51:10). Only then will we learn to not fear the heart's ... whistle-blower.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home