Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Pick Up Faith

Why pick up a hammer or a broom or a dishcloth? Why, because those objects accomplish that which we cannot do on our own. The Puritan prayed, "Blessed God, I acknowledge before You my weakness and insufficiency for anything that is spiritually good." Although we know from experience our own inabilities, our foolish heart insists on trusting in itself to move ahead in known weakness. Psalm 31:14-15 says, "But I trust in You, O Lord; I say, 'You are my God.' My times are in Your hand; rescue me from the hand of my enemies and from my persecutors." You know most of the time we are our own worst enemy! Oh, Lord, rescue me from myself! "Without faith it is impossible to please Him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who seek Him." (Hebrews 11:6). Believer, there we have the Truth, the Answer to all our insufficiencies, our weaknesses, our inabilities to be both spiritually successful and pleasing to God. Let us live wise ... pick up faith!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home