Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Talk About It

Oh me - Oh my at the cost of things these days. It's the talk-of-the-town, everywhere we go; and, with gas prices, everywhere we don't go. One thing I'm reminded of lately is how easily we fall into the what-we-don't-have pattern of thinking. God's Word says, "The righteous has enough to satisfy his appetite, but the wicked is in need." (Proverbs 13:25, AMP). What a wonderful opportunity we have [as Believers] to turn our focus to what we do have rather than what we don't have. As we do this, so will our conversations go! How fitting and timely when Believers embrace this Godly truth: "For He satisfies the longing soul, and the hungry soul He fills with good things." (Psalm 107:9). Our deepest satisfaction is actually spiritual in nature! It is both acceptable and glorifying when with our lips we express sweet meditations of a heart well satisfied in Christ alone. "Christ is most glorified in me when I am most satisfied in Him." (John Piper). I'm asking God to redirect my focus and renew my heart in His steady Goodness. Will you [also] think about His Goodness then ... talk about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home