Monday, July 11, 2022

No Vacancy Here

While many wild animals dig for themselves to make their own holes (homes), there are some who just claim another animal's hole. There is serious danger when Believers are spiritually idle. It's like putting our a "Vacancy" sign to Satan - you know, the prowling-roaring-devouring lion he is (1 Peter 5:8). In Psalm 119:25-29, the psalmist finds himself grievous about his lifestyle perhaps from spiritual neglect. In each verse, however, he recognizes it is God's Word that leads him to revival and restoration. The personal choices we make every day with what-and-how we occupy ourselves will determine the way-path of our hearts. The psalmist concludes, "I have chosen the faithful way; I have placed Your ordinances before me. I cling tightly to Your testimonies, O LORD, do not put me to shame! I will run the way of Your commandments [with purpose], for You will give me a heart that is willing." (Psalm 119:30-32). Believers who are serious about living in righteousness will not have spiritual do-nothing days. Those are the days Satan knocks incessantly at the heart's door. Leave no holes, no openings for Satan. Keep God's Word ever before you every moment in all that you do. Declare to Satan ... no vacancy here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home