Thursday, July 14, 2022

Shepherd's Call

Although Mister Bill and I don't have a pet, we have a box of dog treats on our kitchen counter. That's because we have a sweet daily caller who watches and waits for the door to open! Are you that eager to meet with The Father each day? Oh, of course, I know God is with Believers everywhere we are - yes, He has promised; what I mean, however, do you look forward to those quiet moments with Him in His Word, talking and listening to Him? Or, like me, do other things grab your time and focus: phone calls, dishes, chores, meetings, etc. Mister Bill and I think it's sweet that Ollie comes to our back door - without even calling, she's there ... waiting. What if we truly believed there are "pleasures evermore" (Psalm 16:11) in our times with The Father - that there is abundant riches He longs to reveal to yearning hearts? When God says, "Be still, and know that I am God" (Psalm 46:10), it's really an open invitation from The Shepherd of "I shall not want" into His Presence of sufficient portion and power. Why not willingly, eagerly and without delay answer ... the call of The Shepherd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home