Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Learn of Him

Teachers dearly love it when students are teachable. Imagine what a challenge it is to teach a student who either has no interest in learning or one who seems to know all he needs to know. Believers who approaches God must do so in great humility. Hear the eagerness in David’s words: “Show me Your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths. Guide me in Your truth and faithfulness and teach me …” (Psalm 25:4-5a, AMP). Not only does he express his humility, he states God’s Credentials as Teacher: “… for You are The God of my Salvation; for You [You only and altogether] do I wait [expectantly] all the day long.” (Psalm 25:5b, AMP). When we go about our day with little-to-no thoughts of reading God’s Word or spending time in prayer, well … just really how teachable are we? Just as a student enters a classroom ready-and-willing for instruction, so must every Believer go before The Father seeking to learn His ways and by God’s grace persevere to walk in them. So, here's the question for each of us: are you teachable? Do I live as though I know it all? Only you and only I can answer these questions. Only you and only I can do what is necessary to learn of Him.Selah - pause and think about that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home