Thursday, September 8, 2022

Heart Hum

Do you remember seeing a Hummer for the first time?  My baby sister drove a bright red one for years. I distinctly remember watching her park that thing ‘bout anywhere she well pleased, in whatever way she pleased: she said, “nobody’s gonna hit this thing unless they want to tear up their car!”  What do you do when you lose your joy?  It often slips away unnoticed - we're not sure how or when but we know it’s missing.  Believers are uniquely equipped with joy that comes only from a close relationship to Jesus. David asked God to “restore to me the  joy of Your Salvation and sustain me with a willing spirit” (Psalm 51:12).  Oh, how I love this next part of his prayer: “O Lord, open my lips, that my mouth may declare Your praise.” (V. 15).  David was a man with a plan!  One thing I've learned is when joy is in the heart, it finds its way out; for me, it becomes an [often] unconscious … humming.  It’s that song in the heart that will eventually slip through the lips.  I’ve concluded if my heart's a'hummin' most likely my lips will be involved.  If you're a Believer, you should have a heart-hum. Let it out ... be a’hummin’.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home