Sunday, September 18, 2022

Spirit-Walker

Walking [we're told] is good exercise; actually for those who walk each day with "Arthur," any movement is helpful. Believers are all called to be walkers! God says, "If we claim to live by The Holy Spirit, we must also walk by The Spirit [with personal integrity, godly character, and moral courage - our conduct empowered by The Holy Spirit]" (Galatians 5:25, AMP). In my younger days when I was able to walk-for-exercise, I had a walking-buddy. We met regularly and walked together; what fun that was. The time and distance seemed easy and irrelevant. God reminds us there is a sweetness in walking in the Presence of The Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control (Galatians 5:22-23). Can we even imagine the irreplaceable loss when we have walked otherwise! Oh, how I want to be a Spirit-walker - one who indeed belongs to Christ Jesus, one who has truly died to my sin-nature and no longer submits to selfish passions and appetites (Galatians 5:24). Walking in The Spirit may not help me get my heart-rate up nor burn calories but it does both my soul and others a good-turn. By His Grace, I choose to walk rightly by His Spirit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home