Monday, October 24, 2022

My Certainty

Cycles and their sounds tell us things: when the clothes are ready for the dryer, when the coffee is done, when the dishes are clean, etc. Paul writes of the spiritual cycle: "If we live, we live to The Lord, and if we die, we die to The Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are The Lord's." (Romans 14:8). The no-matter-what's matter - it sells extended warranties, all-inclusive vacations and such. A known certainty in uncertainty is of great value! "For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from The Love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:38-39). In that promised Certainty I know "I am not alone in this. My God has gone before me, into suffering, grief, death, loss, and separation. Where I am, You have already been. And You are with me in this now." (Every Moment Holy, Vol II). This Certainty is mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home