Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Fire Away

My Mama used to do ceramics, and I remember that process: the molding, firing and re-firing, trimming and painting. God's Word tells Believers they should welcome the hard times of life: "Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." (James 1:2-4). We certainly struggle with trials and testing being in the same sentence with joy! I remember how exciting it was after the molding, firings, trimming and painting to finally see the finished ceramic product. God allows and uses life's difficulties - endured with joy - to produce in Believers the character of Godliness. Lord, "in this kiln of hard days fire my heart afresh with the brilliant glaze of eternity, preparing my mortal self for the beauty and immortality that awaits. Use even these present difficulties to fashion me into a more fit vessel for Your glory." (Every Moment Holy, Vol II). Will we not trust God's Sovereignty in the testiest of times and with a bold and joyous heart say ... "Lord, fire away."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home